Having a cerebral palsy son helped Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella see disability with empathy
Be it eyeglasses powered by Artifical Intelligence that helps the blind move around easily, or the Windows Microsoft OneNote that is being used to help children with dyslexia read and spell, to the HoloLens that has helped surgeons with spinal surgeries, Microsoft is at the forefront of bringing accessible products to the world.
And the man who brings this much needed vision is Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella who says that this ability to see things through another's eyes, was because of his son Zain, who has cerebral palsy.
Nadella's oldest son, Zain was born in 1996 with severe cerebral palsy. He said that this made empathy a major part of what he is today.
He became the executive sponsor for Microsoft's community group for disabled staff members years before becoming CEO. Nadella says that seeing the world through the eyes of his son with limited mobility helped him see the need for Microsoft's products to be accessible to all.
This has also led to a major shift in the culture within Microsoft. Failure is now seen as a learning experience and an opportunity to learn.
During Microsoft's Hackathon event a team of people took on the role of making sure that Windows was easier for the blind to use.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 17, 2018
Get-hooked November 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News