Hyderabad airport is India's first to become disabled friendly! Learn how
In keeping with the Accessible India Campaign, the GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd has introduced a wheelchair lift or verti-lift to help senior citizens and passengers with limited mobility.
The facility has been made available to domestic passengers arriving at the airport. On an average, around 40,000 passengers fly in and out of Hyderabad each day, out of which more than 100 arrival passengers are on wheelchairs.
Disabled passengers are usually escorted by an airline staff towards the baggage claim area. To minimize the wait time at the elevators, the verti-lift solution has been introduced.
The lift is electrically powered and can be operated by a remote control. There is also a backup power source to ensure uninterrupted operations of the lift at all times.
There is also dedicated curbside parking with proper signage, and intercom calling facility at both departure and arrival ramps. Wheelchair assistance from the curbside till check-in is also provided at the airport.
All elevators across the terminal have Braille instructions and there is a dedicated security check lane. Dedicated seating arrangements and wheel-chair friendly washrooms apart from free buggy services are also available.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019