Hyderabad airport is India's first to become disabled friendly! Learn how
In keeping with the Accessible India Campaign, the GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd has introduced a wheelchair lift or verti-lift to help senior citizens and passengers with limited mobility.
The facility has been made available to domestic passengers arriving at the airport. On an average, around 40,000 passengers fly in and out of Hyderabad each day, out of which more than 100 arrival passengers are on wheelchairs.
Disabled passengers are usually escorted by an airline staff towards the baggage claim area. To minimize the wait time at the elevators, the verti-lift solution has been introduced.
The lift is electrically powered and can be operated by a remote control. There is also a backup power source to ensure uninterrupted operations of the lift at all times.
There is also dedicated curbside parking with proper signage, and intercom calling facility at both departure and arrival ramps. Wheelchair assistance from the curbside till check-in is also provided at the airport.
All elevators across the terminal have Braille instructions and there is a dedicated security check lane. Dedicated seating arrangements and wheel-chair friendly washrooms apart from free buggy services are also available.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Accessibility October 21, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News