BarrierBreak's Shilpi Kapoor among India's top 20 most powerful women in business for 2017
November 18, 2017
Shilpi Kapoor, the founder of BarrierBreak, the company that is a pioneer in providing accessibility and assistive technology solutions for people with disabilities, has been recognized as among the top 20 most powerful women in business in India for the year 2017.
Honour comes from the prestigious journal, Business Today.
BarrierBreak started off by providing software testing services to assess whether websites and applications are disabled friendly, largely to clients in the United States and Europe.
Later Shilpi Kapoor developed digital books for the blind. She is also the brainchild behind TechShare India,, which is an accessibility and assistive technology conference and exhibition to create awareness.
Since 2004, BarrierBreak has worked with nearly 200 companies across various spectrum like Information Technology, healthcare, publishing and the government in 12 countries.
Thanks to BarrierBreak, multi-national companies like Microsoft and Accenture have made significant inroads in making their offices accessible to people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News