BarrierBreak's Shilpi Kapoor among India's top 20 most powerful women in business for 2017
November 18, 2017
Shilpi Kapoor, the founder of BarrierBreak, the company that is a pioneer in providing accessibility and assistive technology solutions for people with disabilities, has been recognized as among the top 20 most powerful women in business in India for the year 2017.
Honour comes from the prestigious journal, Business Today.
BarrierBreak started off by providing software testing services to assess whether websites and applications are disabled friendly, largely to clients in the United States and Europe.
Later Shilpi Kapoor developed digital books for the blind. She is also the brainchild behind TechShare India,, which is an accessibility and assistive technology conference and exhibition to create awareness.
Since 2004, BarrierBreak has worked with nearly 200 companies across various spectrum like Information Technology, healthcare, publishing and the government in 12 countries.
Thanks to BarrierBreak, multi-national companies like Microsoft and Accenture have made significant inroads in making their offices accessible to people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News