BarrierBreak's Shilpi Kapoor among India's top 20 most powerful women in business for 2017
Shilpi Kapoor, the founder of BarrierBreak, the company that is a pioneer in providing accessibility and assistive technology solutions for people with disabilities, has been recognized as among the top 20 most powerful women in business in India for the year 2017.
Honour comes from the prestigious journal, Business Today.
BarrierBreak started off by providing software testing services to assess whether websites and applications are disabled friendly, largely to clients in the United States and Europe.
Later Shilpi Kapoor developed digital books for the blind. She is also the brainchild behind TechShare India,, which is an accessibility and assistive technology conference and exhibition to create awareness.
Since 2004, BarrierBreak has worked with nearly 200 companies across various spectrum like Information Technology, healthcare, publishing and the government in 12 countries.
Thanks to BarrierBreak, multi-national companies like Microsoft and Accenture have made significant inroads in making their offices accessible to people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 21, 2019 Kalakaar 2.0
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News