The Coimbatore Cancer Foundation (CCF) in association with Coimbatore Runners, the force behind the Coimbatore Marathon have been working non-stop to ensure that the running event is a memorable one. The Coimbatore Marathon brings together people from various walks of life from across the country to help spread awareness and support those who are fighting cancer.
CCF's vision is to create a world-class marathon which the citizens of Coimbatore will be proud to host, year on year, with runners from all over taking part.
By hosting the marathon every year on the first Sunday of October, with October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, CCF aims to make the Coimbatore Marathon a permanent fixture in the running calendar of the country. The beautiful vistas, the brilliant weather and the warm, hospitable people of the city are sure to make the event exciting - in all, this has all the makings of a not-to-be-missed occasion that the running community can look forward to every year.
CCF has teamed up with Coimbatore Runners and Show Space to bring to you the Coimbatore Marathon. Coimbatore Cancer Foundation was conceived by "Padmabhushan" Shri. K. Sreenivasan, who was himself a cancer patient. The Foundation was established on 4th March, 1991 and currently functions as a registered charitable trust and a research institution providing Counseling and Cancer Care Support to patients and their family members in the cancer wards (VNCC) of G Kuppusamy Naidu Memorial Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Starts on: Sunday, 01 Oct 2017 at 09:00 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 01 Oct 2017 at 05:00 PM
- City: Coimbatore
- Location: Hall A, Codissia, GV Fair Grounds, Avinashi Road
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: Coimbatore Marathon
- Organizer Phone: 8939801188
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://www.coimbatoremarathon.com/site/faq
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News