Deaf Punjabi youth represents India in Global IT Challenge in Vietnam
18-year-old Yashveer Goyal, a deaf youth from Bathinda in Punjab, has just come back after representing India at the Global IT Challenge organised at Vietnam from 18 September to 22 September.
Yashveer is the only youngster from Punjab to take part in the competition.
Earlier in July, Yashveer had secured first place in the hearing impairment category in the Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities held by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment at National Institute of Technology (NIT) Kurukshetra.
Yashveer is deaf since birth and is good in academics. He has learnt computer software on his own without any formal training.
Yashveer's father said that when children with disabilities are encouraged, they can achieve a lot more than children with no disabilities. He said children like Yashveer do not need sympathy but equal opportunities to show their skills.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News