Trishla Foundation offers the best therapy models for kids with cerebral palsy
October 2, 2017
Trishla Foundation, an NGO in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh focuses on a holistic approach towards treating children with cerebral palsy.
The founder Dr Jitendra Jain is an orthopedic surgeon, who says that he was motivated to start such a centre based on his experiences working in Allahabad Hospital.
"I used to see a lot of children with CP and they would be given physiotherapy and nothing else", says Dr Jain. "That alone is not enough, because in CP, along with the physical disability, there is epilepsy, vision problem, and immunity problems."
At Trishla, the focus goes far beyond special education and occupational therapy. There are intensive physiotherapy sessions that combine the best therapeutic models.
The centre is like a community village where parents stay with the children during the course of the treatment. There are children here from all over India and other countries like Ghana, Bangladesh, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Children take part in sports and exercises like horse riding. Trishla Foundation is a charitable trust and runs without any government support. Treatment here is free for those who cannot afford it. No one is turned away because they lack funds, says Dr Jain.
So far, Trishla has treated 8,000 children with cerebral palsy. Today they are going to schools and leading regular lives. "Our aim is to get the kids back on their feet and in a regular schooling system", says Dr Jain. "Society disables them by regarding them with sympathy. Our aim is to make them independent and empower them."
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 11, 2019 Visually impaired UPSC rank holder Sparsh Gupta wants to change the system for disabled people
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 11, 2019 Higher chances of peace with India if Modi wins: Imran Khan
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News