Trishla Foundation offers the best therapy models for kids with cerebral palsy
Trishla Foundation, an NGO in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh focuses on a holistic approach towards treating children with cerebral palsy.
The founder Dr Jitendra Jain is an orthopedic surgeon, who says that he was motivated to start such a centre based on his experiences working in Allahabad Hospital.
“I used to see a lot of children with CP and they would be given physiotherapy and nothing else”, says Dr Jain. “That alone is not enough, because in CP, along with the physical disability, there is epilepsy, vision problem, and immunity problems.”
At Trishla, the focus goes far beyond special education and occupational therapy. There are intensive physiotherapy sessions that combine the best therapeutic models.
The centre is like a community village where parents stay with the children during the course of the treatment. There are children here from all over India and other countries like Ghana, Bangladesh, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Children take part in sports and exercises like horse riding. Trishla Foundation is a charitable trust and runs without any government support. Treatment here is free for those who cannot afford it. No one is turned away because they lack funds, says Dr Jain.
So far, Trishla has treated 8,000 children with cerebral palsy. Today they are going to schools and leading regular lives. “Our aim is to get the kids back on their feet and in a regular schooling system”, says Dr Jain. “Society disables them by regarding them with sympathy. Our aim is to make them independent and empower them.”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News