Trishla Foundation offers the best therapy models for kids with cerebral palsy
Trishla Foundation, an NGO in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh focuses on a holistic approach towards treating children with cerebral palsy.
The founder Dr Jitendra Jain is an orthopedic surgeon, who says that he was motivated to start such a centre based on his experiences working in Allahabad Hospital.
“I used to see a lot of children with CP and they would be given physiotherapy and nothing else”, says Dr Jain. “That alone is not enough, because in CP, along with the physical disability, there is epilepsy, vision problem, and immunity problems.”
At Trishla, the focus goes far beyond special education and occupational therapy. There are intensive physiotherapy sessions that combine the best therapeutic models.
The centre is like a community village where parents stay with the children during the course of the treatment. There are children here from all over India and other countries like Ghana, Bangladesh, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Children take part in sports and exercises like horse riding. Trishla Foundation is a charitable trust and runs without any government support. Treatment here is free for those who cannot afford it. No one is turned away because they lack funds, says Dr Jain.
So far, Trishla has treated 8,000 children with cerebral palsy. Today they are going to schools and leading regular lives. “Our aim is to get the kids back on their feet and in a regular schooling system”, says Dr Jain. “Society disables them by regarding them with sympathy. Our aim is to make them independent and empower them.”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Accessibility October 13, 2018 Feedback sought on issues faced by visually impaired people while using PayTM
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Get-hooked October 11, 2018 Prajith Jaipal is on a mission to create an India that is accessible to all
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News