2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development as declared by World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
Today, on World Tourism Day, Planet Abled launches its first edition of Access2Travel Conference by getting all the relevant stakeholders on one platform.
This is a first of its kind conference ever which in alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2030, brings the focus of sustainable travel towards accessible travel; to protect the right of everyone to travel whether or not they have a disability.
We aim to highlight the stories of travellers with disabilities and to initiate a discussion on accessible tourism. This would also be a platform where travellers with and without disabilities would get an opportunity to interact with each other and the relevant authorities (including government, corporate etc.) to take first steps towards making India a disabled friendly travel destination.
To initiate a conversation on Accessible Tourism being an integral part of Sustainable Tourism and change the way travel happens in India forever !! The whole event would be produced into a video and print journal and shared with the world via various channels to turn it into a movement. Check out https://goo.gl/AqM1P5.
Entry to the conference by invitation only!
- Starts on: Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 05:00 PM
- Ends on: Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 08:00 PM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: The Park Hotel
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: Planet Abled
- Organizer Phone: 9910042281
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://planetabled.com/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News