2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development as declared by World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
Today, on World Tourism Day, Planet Abled launches its first edition of Access2Travel Conference by getting all the relevant stakeholders on one platform.
This is a first of its kind conference ever which in alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2030, brings the focus of sustainable travel towards accessible travel; to protect the right of everyone to travel whether or not they have a disability.
We aim to highlight the stories of travellers with disabilities and to initiate a discussion on accessible tourism. This would also be a platform where travellers with and without disabilities would get an opportunity to interact with each other and the relevant authorities (including government, corporate etc.) to take first steps towards making India a disabled friendly travel destination.
To initiate a conversation on Accessible Tourism being an integral part of Sustainable Tourism and change the way travel happens in India forever !! The whole event would be produced into a video and print journal and shared with the world via various channels to turn it into a movement. Check out https://goo.gl/AqM1P5.
Entry to the conference by invitation only!
- Starts on: Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 05:00 PM
- Ends on: Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 08:00 PM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: The Park Hotel
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: Planet Abled
- Organizer Phone: 9910042281
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://planetabled.com/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 7, 2019
Events February 6, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News