Coming soon, new sign language bike racks in US city
September 29, 2017
A new functional art feature will soon be installed for the members of the deaf community in Fargo city in the United States.
The idea is to educate and create a greater sense of pride and unity in the city during the annual Deaf Awareness Week held in the last week of September.
A bike rack that spells out F-A-R-G-O in sign language will be used to bring more awareness about the deaf community and help people in the city learn basic sign language.
The functional art may also be used to increase awareness on some deaf services available such as video relay, Skype, Facetime, which makes deaf communication more better and easier.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News