Coming soon, new sign language bike racks in US city
A new functional art feature will soon be installed for the members of the deaf community in Fargo city in the United States.
The idea is to educate and create a greater sense of pride and unity in the city during the annual Deaf Awareness Week held in the last week of September.
A bike rack that spells out F-A-R-G-O in sign language will be used to bring more awareness about the deaf community and help people in the city learn basic sign language.
The functional art may also be used to increase awareness on some deaf services available such as video relay, Skype, Facetime, which makes deaf communication more better and easier.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019