Coming soon, new sign language bike racks in US city
September 29, 2017
A new functional art feature will soon be installed for the members of the deaf community in Fargo city in the United States.
The idea is to educate and create a greater sense of pride and unity in the city during the annual Deaf Awareness Week held in the last week of September.
A bike rack that spells out F-A-R-G-O in sign language will be used to bring more awareness about the deaf community and help people in the city learn basic sign language.
The functional art may also be used to increase awareness on some deaf services available such as video relay, Skype, Facetime, which makes deaf communication more better and easier.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News