Blogger with cerebral palsy sets adventure goals that inspire!
18-year-old Grace Stratton is a blogger living with cerebral palsy in New Zealand. Her mission is to create awareness and support for the disabled in society.
She loves adventure and she reached out to adventure sports specialist Jesse James Cassrels to do something special.
With the help of friends, the two of them went to the top of a volcano. Grace was pulled, pushed and carried to the top.
She says that as a disabled person, she plans her life in advance as she is unsure what barriers may come in her way later in life.
Her partner on the expedition Cassrels said that while the climb was tough, the smile on Grace's face was a big reward. He said it was important to help in building a culture where people who are disabled are encouraged and supported to success.
Grace is dedicated to changing perceptions on disability, and hopes her story will inspire others.
She says that the only boundaries people have are the ones they create themselves.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News