Blogger with cerebral palsy sets adventure goals that inspire!
18-year-old Grace Stratton is a blogger living with cerebral palsy in New Zealand. Her mission is to create awareness and support for the disabled in society.
She loves adventure and she reached out to adventure sports specialist Jesse James Cassrels to do something special.
With the help of friends, the two of them went to the top of a volcano. Grace was pulled, pushed and carried to the top.
She says that as a disabled person, she plans her life in advance as she is unsure what barriers may come in her way later in life.
Her partner on the expedition Cassrels said that while the climb was tough, the smile on Grace's face was a big reward. He said it was important to help in building a culture where people who are disabled are encouraged and supported to success.
Grace is dedicated to changing perceptions on disability, and hopes her story will inspire others.
She says that the only boundaries people have are the ones they create themselves.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News