Blogger with cerebral palsy sets adventure goals that inspire!
October 27, 2017
18-year-old Grace Stratton is a blogger living with cerebral palsy in New Zealand. Her mission is to create awareness and support for the disabled in society.
She loves adventure and she reached out to adventure sports specialist Jesse James Cassrels to do something special.
With the help of friends, the two of them went to the top of a volcano. Grace was pulled, pushed and carried to the top.
She says that as a disabled person, she plans her life in advance as she is unsure what barriers may come in her way later in life.
Her partner on the expedition Cassrels said that while the climb was tough, the smile on Grace's face was a big reward. He said it was important to help in building a culture where people who are disabled are encouraged and supported to success.
Grace is dedicated to changing perceptions on disability, and hopes her story will inspire others.
She says that the only boundaries people have are the ones they create themselves.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News