Blogger with cerebral palsy sets adventure goals that inspire!
18-year-old Grace Stratton is a blogger living with cerebral palsy in New Zealand. Her mission is to create awareness and support for the disabled in society.
She loves adventure and she reached out to adventure sports specialist Jesse James Cassrels to do something special.
With the help of friends, the two of them went to the top of a volcano. Grace was pulled, pushed and carried to the top.
She says that as a disabled person, she plans her life in advance as she is unsure what barriers may come in her way later in life.
Her partner on the expedition Cassrels said that while the climb was tough, the smile on Grace's face was a big reward. He said it was important to help in building a culture where people who are disabled are encouraged and supported to success.
Grace is dedicated to changing perceptions on disability, and hopes her story will inspire others.
She says that the only boundaries people have are the ones they create themselves.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 19, 2018 Scindia family hug wins hearts on the Internet
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Events December 17, 2018 AADI Winter festival 2018!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News