New Dove soap campaign highlights beauty in disability
October 3, 2017
Dove's new campaign is making waves for showing the beauty that women have in so many different ways.
In the film recently released in the United States, Diana Wright, a school teacher, mother and wife, talks openly about how she became an amputee. Diana also talks about how she tried to build confidence in her students and two daughters, and how she has pushed herself to become physically strong.
Diana lost her leg in an accident and the film shows her putting on her prosthetic leg, spending time with her daughters, lifting weights at the gym, and running.
Diana says she is always telling her students that beauty is about pushing hard and trying and never giving up.
The film has attracted many views from around the world. You too can watch it here - https://youtu.be/poIrZELfEME
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News