New Dove soap campaign highlights beauty in disability
Dove's new campaign is making waves for showing the beauty that women have in so many different ways.
In the film recently released in the United States, Diana Wright, a school teacher, mother and wife, talks openly about how she became an amputee. Diana also talks about how she tried to build confidence in her students and two daughters, and how she has pushed herself to become physically strong.
Diana lost her leg in an accident and the film shows her putting on her prosthetic leg, spending time with her daughters, lifting weights at the gym, and running.
Diana says she is always telling her students that beauty is about pushing hard and trying and never giving up.
The film has attracted many views from around the world. You too can watch it here - https://youtu.be/poIrZELfEME
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News