How to tell others about your disability?
October 5, 2017
Some people have disabilities that are not visible to other people. Here are a few ideas if you have been thinking about how to tell others about your disability.
- The first thing is to accept who you are and not feel any less about yourself.
- You do not have to tell everyone. Choose the people that you would like to share the information with and may be discuss as well.
- If you feel that the person is judging you, step away. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone, it's your life.
- If you feel like talking about your disability but the other person is getting uncomfortable, then try and talk to them about how they feel about it. They may not be aware of you condition but you can help them become aware.
- Always remember that you are awesome no matter what and don't let negative people make you feel any less about yourself.
- Stay confident and positive in your life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News