How to tell others about your disability?
Some people have disabilities that are not visible to other people. Here are a few ideas if you have been thinking about how to tell others about your disability.
- The first thing is to accept who you are and not feel any less about yourself.
- You do not have to tell everyone. Choose the people that you would like to share the information with and may be discuss as well.
- If you feel that the person is judging you, step away. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone, it’s your life.
- If you feel like talking about your disability but the other person is getting uncomfortable, then try and talk to them about how they feel about it. They may not be aware of you condition but you can help them become aware.
- Always remember that you are awesome no matter what and don’t let negative people make you feel any less about yourself.
- Stay confident and positive in your life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News