How to tell others about your disability?
October 5, 2017
Some people have disabilities that are not visible to other people. Here are a few ideas if you have been thinking about how to tell others about your disability.
- The first thing is to accept who you are and not feel any less about yourself.
- You do not have to tell everyone. Choose the people that you would like to share the information with and may be discuss as well.
- If you feel that the person is judging you, step away. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone, it's your life.
- If you feel like talking about your disability but the other person is getting uncomfortable, then try and talk to them about how they feel about it. They may not be aware of you condition but you can help them become aware.
- Always remember that you are awesome no matter what and don't let negative people make you feel any less about yourself.
- Stay confident and positive in your life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News