How to tell others about your disability?
Some people have disabilities that are not visible to other people. Here are a few ideas if you have been thinking about how to tell others about your disability.
- The first thing is to accept who you are and not feel any less about yourself.
- You do not have to tell everyone. Choose the people that you would like to share the information with and may be discuss as well.
- If you feel that the person is judging you, step away. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone, it’s your life.
- If you feel like talking about your disability but the other person is getting uncomfortable, then try and talk to them about how they feel about it. They may not be aware of you condition but you can help them become aware.
- Always remember that you are awesome no matter what and don’t let negative people make you feel any less about yourself.
- Stay confident and positive in your life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News