How to tell others about your disability?
Some people have disabilities that are not visible to other people. Here are a few ideas if you have been thinking about how to tell others about your disability.
- The first thing is to accept who you are and not feel any less about yourself.
- You do not have to tell everyone. Choose the people that you would like to share the information with and may be discuss as well.
- If you feel that the person is judging you, step away. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone, it’s your life.
- If you feel like talking about your disability but the other person is getting uncomfortable, then try and talk to them about how they feel about it. They may not be aware of you condition but you can help them become aware.
- Always remember that you are awesome no matter what and don’t let negative people make you feel any less about yourself.
- Stay confident and positive in your life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News