Chandigarh courts become accessible for the disabled
October 2, 2017
A major change is taking place inside the courtrooms of the Chandigarh District Court Complex.
The court complex now also has infrastructure for disabled persons, from railings along corridors to tactile walkway for the blind.
There are CCTV cameras inside the courtrooms and the judiciary is attempting to become accessible for the disabled.
The installation of a walkway for the blind, and railing along walls will make it easier for the disabled to move around the court complex.
Lawyers have praised these steps, calling them a sign of greater sensitivity towards the disabled.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Death toll in Lanka attacks rises, more arrests
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 Demand rises for portrayal of autism in Indian movies with sensitization
- Events April 26, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Court seeks probe into sexual harassment charges against Chief Justice
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News