Chandigarh courts become accessible for the disabled
A major change is taking place inside the courtrooms of the Chandigarh District Court Complex.
The court complex now also has infrastructure for disabled persons, from railings along corridors to tactile walkway for the blind.
There are CCTV cameras inside the courtrooms and the judiciary is attempting to become accessible for the disabled.
The installation of a walkway for the blind, and railing along walls will make it easier for the disabled to move around the court complex.
Lawyers have praised these steps, calling them a sign of greater sensitivity towards the disabled.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News