Meet blind comedian Abhay Kumar who wins hearts at The Great Indian Laughter Challenge
October 2, 2017
Television reality show 'The Great Indian Laughter Challenge' has returned after nine years.
This season the show has cool mentors like Zakir Khan, Hussain Dalal and Mallika Dua and an amazing judge, who is none other than Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar.
The best thing about the show is its first contestant Abhay Kumar Sharma, who hails from Uttar Pradesh.
Abhay, who is blind, entertained the mentors, judge and the audience with his punches.
He described how he got rejected for the role of a blind person, because he didn't look blind enough.
Abhay's brilliance of making fun of stereotypes about the blind in films and television was widely appreciated in the first episode of the show.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News