Noida Deaf Society aims to build inclusion through sports
Deaf people face a lot of problems related to communication and employment across the country.
They are not different in any way expect that their communication methods are different.
To create awareness about the deaf people and change the attitudes towards them in the society, Noida Deaf Society had organised a marathon called ‘RUN FOR HOPE’ recently.
It was participated by 200 people and most of them were deaf students from different colleges in Delhi – NCR region associated with the Noida Deaf Society.
The idea of the event is to motivate the deaf to keep participating in various activities, especially sports as it acts as a way of accepting differences and building inclusion.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News