Noida Deaf Society aims to build inclusion through sports
October 3, 2017
Deaf people face a lot of problems related to communication and employment across the country.
They are not different in any way expect that their communication methods are different.
To create awareness about the deaf people and change the attitudes towards them in the society, Noida Deaf Society had organised a marathon called 'RUN FOR HOPE' recently.
It was participated by 200 people and most of them were deaf students from different colleges in Delhi - NCR region associated with the Noida Deaf Society.
The idea of the event is to motivate the deaf to keep participating in various activities, especially sports as it acts as a way of accepting differences and building inclusion.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News