Tips about leftover food
If you tend to cook more food than is consumed daily, you should read on. Here are a few tips to avoid food wastage.
- The best thing to do is to cook less and set a limit to how much food is actually needed.
- In case you have left over rice, they can be used as fried rice, pulao or kichdi in other meals. Rotis can be sliced and used in dal broth.
- Glass containers are better than plastic ones for storing leftover food.
- Create dishes using left over meals. You can make a soup with veggies or chicken pieces left over.
- Keep your food in smaller bunches to ensure you don’t cook all at once. If you have purchased a vegetable in large quantity divide it into parts.