Creating awareness about accessible travel for disabled people in India
October 6, 2017
Planet Abled is a travel based company that provides accessible travel solutions for disabled people in India. In order to make travelling easier for people with disability, it is important to create awareness and start conversations.
Planet abled recently took the initiative and organized the first edition of such a conference - "Planet Abled Access 2 Travel". The conference took place on 27 September, World Tourism Day.
The event was attended by Mr. Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Ayog, Mr. Mukesh Jain, Joint Secretary & CEO - National Trust, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, Mr. Satyajeet Rajan, Director General, Ministry of Tourism, Mr. Javed Abidi, Disability rights activist and Honorary Director of NCPEDP .
The aim of the conference was to encourage the people with disabilities to travel and to make the concerned parties aware of the fact that everyone has the right to travel.
The combined efforts of public, private sector and the government can make it possible for disabled people to travel freely around the country.
2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development as declared by World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News