Creating awareness about accessible travel for disabled people in India
October 6, 2017
Planet Abled is a travel based company that provides accessible travel solutions for disabled people in India. In order to make travelling easier for people with disability, it is important to create awareness and start conversations.
Planet abled recently took the initiative and organized the first edition of such a conference - "Planet Abled Access 2 Travel". The conference took place on 27 September, World Tourism Day.
The event was attended by Mr. Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Ayog, Mr. Mukesh Jain, Joint Secretary & CEO - National Trust, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, Mr. Satyajeet Rajan, Director General, Ministry of Tourism, Mr. Javed Abidi, Disability rights activist and Honorary Director of NCPEDP .
The aim of the conference was to encourage the people with disabilities to travel and to make the concerned parties aware of the fact that everyone has the right to travel.
The combined efforts of public, private sector and the government can make it possible for disabled people to travel freely around the country.
2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development as declared by World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News