Creating awareness about accessible travel for disabled people in India
Planet Abled is a travel based company that provides accessible travel solutions for disabled people in India. In order to make travelling easier for people with disability, it is important to create awareness and start conversations.
Planet abled recently took the initiative and organized the first edition of such a conference – “Planet Abled Access 2 Travel”. The conference took place on 27 September, World Tourism Day.
The event was attended by Mr. Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Ayog, Mr. Mukesh Jain, Joint Secretary & CEO – National Trust, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, Mr. Satyajeet Rajan, Director General, Ministry of Tourism, Mr. Javed Abidi, Disability rights activist and Honorary Director of NCPEDP .
The aim of the conference was to encourage the people with disabilities to travel and to make the concerned parties aware of the fact that everyone has the right to travel.
The combined efforts of public, private sector and the government can make it possible for disabled people to travel freely around the country.
2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development as declared by World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 6 Pro in India this week
- Headlines November 20, 2018 Shah Rukh Khan champions Air India on social media
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Events November 20, 2018 Basic Computer Training Program for Children & Adults with Special Needs
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018