Creating awareness about accessible travel for disabled people in India
Planet Abled is a travel based company that provides accessible travel solutions for disabled people in India. In order to make travelling easier for people with disability, it is important to create awareness and start conversations.
Planet abled recently took the initiative and organized the first edition of such a conference – “Planet Abled Access 2 Travel”. The conference took place on 27 September, World Tourism Day.
The event was attended by Mr. Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Ayog, Mr. Mukesh Jain, Joint Secretary & CEO – National Trust, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, Mr. Satyajeet Rajan, Director General, Ministry of Tourism, Mr. Javed Abidi, Disability rights activist and Honorary Director of NCPEDP .
The aim of the conference was to encourage the people with disabilities to travel and to make the concerned parties aware of the fact that everyone has the right to travel.
The combined efforts of public, private sector and the government can make it possible for disabled people to travel freely around the country.
2017 is the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development as declared by World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019