Build unisex toilets for the disabled: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has directed all ministries and states to construct unisex toilets for the disabled in each block covered under the Swachh Bharat Mission and get its accessibility tested by disabled persons.
The idea is to provide disabled people with the easy access of toilets as regular toilets do not have the required facilities for wheelchair users.
Modi has also asked the officials why government websites have not yet been made disabled-friendly and instructed the officials to get the work done at the earliest.
The move comes after a review on the government’s ‘Accessible India programme’ for the disabled was done last week.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019