Build unisex toilets for the disabled: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has directed all ministries and states to construct unisex toilets for the disabled in each block covered under the Swachh Bharat Mission and get its accessibility tested by disabled persons.
The idea is to provide disabled people with the easy access of toilets as regular toilets do not have the required facilities for wheelchair users.
Modi has also asked the officials why government websites have not yet been made disabled-friendly and instructed the officials to get the work done at the earliest.
The move comes after a review on the government’s ‘Accessible India programme’ for the disabled was done last week.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Headlines December 19, 2018 Prithvi Shaw ruled out of India-Australia Test series
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News