Build unisex toilets for the disabled: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
October 6, 2017
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has directed all ministries and states to construct unisex toilets for the disabled in each block covered under the Swachh Bharat Mission and get its accessibility tested by disabled persons.
The idea is to provide disabled people with the easy access of toilets as regular toilets do not have the required facilities for wheelchair users.
Modi has also asked the officials why government websites have not yet been made disabled-friendly and instructed the officials to get the work done at the earliest.
The move comes after a review on the government's 'Accessible India programme' for the disabled was done last week.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News