Build unisex toilets for the disabled: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has directed all ministries and states to construct unisex toilets for the disabled in each block covered under the Swachh Bharat Mission and get its accessibility tested by disabled persons.
The idea is to provide disabled people with the easy access of toilets as regular toilets do not have the required facilities for wheelchair users.
Modi has also asked the officials why government websites have not yet been made disabled-friendly and instructed the officials to get the work done at the earliest.
The move comes after a review on the government’s ‘Accessible India programme’ for the disabled was done last week.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 21, 2018
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News