Build unisex toilets for the disabled: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
October 6, 2017
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has directed all ministries and states to construct unisex toilets for the disabled in each block covered under the Swachh Bharat Mission and get its accessibility tested by disabled persons.
The idea is to provide disabled people with the easy access of toilets as regular toilets do not have the required facilities for wheelchair users.
Modi has also asked the officials why government websites have not yet been made disabled-friendly and instructed the officials to get the work done at the earliest.
The move comes after a review on the government's 'Accessible India programme' for the disabled was done last week.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News