Hiring and supporting deaf staff members
October 8, 2017
When a deaf person applies for a job, he may bring a sign language interpreter with him to make the interview easier.
The hiring of disabled people is not very common, however most companies are slowly following the route of inclusion.
For companies that wish to hire deaf people, it is advisable to do some research on deaf communication and Deaf culture.
The employers and interviewers need to be open-minded when the candidate for a job is hearing impaired.
Once hired, the HR and staff need to work on creating a comfortable working environment for the deaf workers.
They should be made to feel like the part of a team. Deaf staff needs to be supported in all aspects.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 11, 2019 Gospel Concert
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 11, 2019 Mock Interview for Persons with Disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News