Hiring and supporting deaf staff members
October 8, 2017
When a deaf person applies for a job, he may bring a sign language interpreter with him to make the interview easier.
The hiring of disabled people is not very common, however most companies are slowly following the route of inclusion.
For companies that wish to hire deaf people, it is advisable to do some research on deaf communication and Deaf culture.
The employers and interviewers need to be open-minded when the candidate for a job is hearing impaired.
Once hired, the HR and staff need to work on creating a comfortable working environment for the deaf workers.
They should be made to feel like the part of a team. Deaf staff needs to be supported in all aspects.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News