Hiring and supporting deaf staff members
When a deaf person applies for a job, he may bring a sign language interpreter with him to make the interview easier.
The hiring of disabled people is not very common, however most companies are slowly following the route of inclusion.
For companies that wish to hire deaf people, it is advisable to do some research on deaf communication and Deaf culture.
The employers and interviewers need to be open-minded when the candidate for a job is hearing impaired.
Once hired, the HR and staff need to work on creating a comfortable working environment for the deaf workers.
They should be made to feel like the part of a team. Deaf staff needs to be supported in all aspects.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News