Reasons to hire deaf people
October 17, 2017
Very few deaf people are hired as employees due to the lack of open mindedness of employers. While hiring a worker their skills get overshadowed by their disability. Here are some reasons that make deaf workers as hirable as any other person.
- Deaf people are more adaptable to the environment and can fit well in any place. Deaf workers are patient and can work calmly even in while facing a challenge.
- They are not affected by cultural or communication differences and can use this as a strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Due to their life and experiences, deaf workers bring a new perspective to the team. They can come with fresh ideas.
- Workers with disabilities are viewed as dependable, loyal, and responsible as per research. They are also more positive and hardworking.
- Deaf workers can create a more open minded workplace and promote the feeling of acceptance and respect.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News