Top 10 Indian NGOs for Cerebral Palsy - 2017
NewzHook highlighted the work done by the Top 10 Indian NGOs of 2017 in the field of Cerebral Palsy. These are organizations based across India, who are working in different areas, from medical care to vocational training, to enable people with cerebral palsy to live life to the best of their potential.
Like Trishla Foundation, in Allahabad, which has enabled 8,000 children to go back to school and lead regular lives. Umang, outside Mumbai, offers a residential care facility along with vocational training to youth with cerebral palsy who have no family.
Battling remote location and lack of awareness, Shishu Sarothi in Assam has emerged as a leading organization in the North East.Latika Roy Foundation in Dehradun offers support right from birth to adulthood.
ADAPT in Mumbai is partnering with 76 schools in Mumbai to enable disabled kids to study in mainstream schools. AADI in New Delhi reaches out to people in rural and urban areas and was a key part of the core group that worked on the RPWD Bill.
Sparc India reaches out to the disabled poor in urban and rural slums of Uttar Pradesh, who are marginalized by both disability and poverty. Soulfree in Chennai is India's first NGO to support women with severe disabilities, while Swarga Foundation is working towards a disabled friendly Coimbatore.
Ashirwad in Ludhiana is battling the stigma that is attached to disability through training programs and cultural shows that highlight the ability in disability.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Disability Heroes - Virali Modi is open & proud about her disability
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Disability Heroes - Prajith Jaipal is out to create a new India, accessible & barrier-free
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 How disabled people can expedite their inclusion in society - Guest column by Turab Chimthanawala
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 VaccesS 2018 an exhibition about innovative & latest assistive devices
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 7, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News