Top 10 Indian NGOs for Cerebral Palsy - 2017
December 28, 2017
NewzHook highlighted the work done by the Top 10 Indian NGOs of 2017 in the field of Cerebral Palsy. These are organizations based across India, who are working in different areas, from medical care to vocational training, to enable people with cerebral palsy to live life to the best of their potential.
Like Trishla Foundation, in Allahabad, which has enabled 8,000 children to go back to school and lead regular lives. Umang, outside Mumbai, offers a residential care facility along with vocational training to youth with cerebral palsy who have no family.
Battling remote location and lack of awareness, Shishu Sarothi in Assam has emerged as a leading organization in the North East.Latika Roy Foundation in Dehradun offers support right from birth to adulthood.
ADAPT in Mumbai is partnering with 76 schools in Mumbai to enable disabled kids to study in mainstream schools. AADI in New Delhi reaches out to people in rural and urban areas and was a key part of the core group that worked on the RPWD Bill.
Sparc India reaches out to the disabled poor in urban and rural slums of Uttar Pradesh, who are marginalized by both disability and poverty. Soulfree in Chennai is India's first NGO to support women with severe disabilities, while Swarga Foundation is working towards a disabled friendly Coimbatore.
Ashirwad in Ludhiana is battling the stigma that is attached to disability through training programs and cultural shows that highlight the ability in disability.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News