National Career Service Centre for the disabled started in Guwahati
October 16, 2017
Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar inaugurated the office building of 'National Career Service Centre for Differently Abled' in Guwahati in Assam recently.
He also appreciated the Assam government for taking steps to provide required opportunities for the disabled people.
The idea of opening the centre is to skill the disabled people in different professions and make them self-confident and independent.
A special employment campaign will soon be started by the government for the disabled people.
The departments like industry and commerce, transport, skill, labour and employment will be approached by the officials to work together for the overall development and growth of the disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
June 20, 2019
- SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
June 17, 2019
- Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
June 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News