National Career Service Centre for the disabled started in Guwahati
Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar inaugurated the office building of ‘National Career Service Centre for Differently Abled’ in Guwahati in Assam recently.
He also appreciated the Assam government for taking steps to provide required opportunities for the disabled people.
The idea of opening the centre is to skill the disabled people in different professions and make them self-confident and independent.
A special employment campaign will soon be started by the government for the disabled people.
The departments like industry and commerce, transport, skill, labour and employment will be approached by the officials to work together for the overall development and growth of the disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019