Dubai set to become disabled-friendly city by 2020
October 9, 2017
The officials of different government organisations in Dubai discussed ways to achieve the vision of making the city into disabled-friendly by 2020.
An expert committee was set up which focused on how Dubai's public buildings, city facilities and tourism can be made welcoming for everyone, including people with disabilities.
The policy makers highlighted the need to bring a change in the attitudes, spread awareness and make society more inclusive for disabled people.
They plan to make policies work for all regardless of their abilities, promote equal employment opportunities, build social capital, reduce and remove social exclusion and provide quality education and health care facilities to make Dubai inclusive for people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News