Dubai set to become disabled-friendly city by 2020
The officials of different government organisations in Dubai discussed ways to achieve the vision of making the city into disabled-friendly by 2020.
An expert committee was set up which focused on how Dubai’s public buildings, city facilities and tourism can be made welcoming for everyone, including people with disabilities.
The policy makers highlighted the need to bring a change in the attitudes, spread awareness and make society more inclusive for disabled people.
They plan to make policies work for all regardless of their abilities, promote equal employment opportunities, build social capital, reduce and remove social exclusion and provide quality education and health care facilities to make Dubai inclusive for people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News