Dubai set to become disabled-friendly city by 2020
The officials of different government organisations in Dubai discussed ways to achieve the vision of making the city into disabled-friendly by 2020.
An expert committee was set up which focused on how Dubai’s public buildings, city facilities and tourism can be made welcoming for everyone, including people with disabilities.
The policy makers highlighted the need to bring a change in the attitudes, spread awareness and make society more inclusive for disabled people.
They plan to make policies work for all regardless of their abilities, promote equal employment opportunities, build social capital, reduce and remove social exclusion and provide quality education and health care facilities to make Dubai inclusive for people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Accessibility October 21, 2018
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News