Dubai set to become disabled-friendly city by 2020
The officials of different government organisations in Dubai discussed ways to achieve the vision of making the city into disabled-friendly by 2020.
An expert committee was set up which focused on how Dubai’s public buildings, city facilities and tourism can be made welcoming for everyone, including people with disabilities.
The policy makers highlighted the need to bring a change in the attitudes, spread awareness and make society more inclusive for disabled people.
They plan to make policies work for all regardless of their abilities, promote equal employment opportunities, build social capital, reduce and remove social exclusion and provide quality education and health care facilities to make Dubai inclusive for people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News