Dubai set to become disabled-friendly city by 2020
October 9, 2017
The officials of different government organisations in Dubai discussed ways to achieve the vision of making the city into disabled-friendly by 2020.
An expert committee was set up which focused on how Dubai's public buildings, city facilities and tourism can be made welcoming for everyone, including people with disabilities.
The policy makers highlighted the need to bring a change in the attitudes, spread awareness and make society more inclusive for disabled people.
They plan to make policies work for all regardless of their abilities, promote equal employment opportunities, build social capital, reduce and remove social exclusion and provide quality education and health care facilities to make Dubai inclusive for people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Education June 27, 2019 #ChangeMakers - Sonia Jaitley believes in helping children with disabilities unlock their strengths
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News