Meet disabled cricketer Dharamveer Singh Pal, the unofficial 12th man of the Indian cricket team
October 10, 2017
Captain of India's disabled cricket team, Dharamveer Singh Pal is the unofficial 12th man of the Indian cricket team.
23 years old Dharamveer suffered from polio when he was 18 months old, which left him paralysed from the waist down.
Being a huge cricket fan his whole life, Dharamveer now travels with the Indian cricket team, who take care of his expenses and considers him as family.
Dharamveer uses his arms to walk and can move at a great speed. He wants to be connected with cricket and inspire others who think that polio disease didn't let them do anything in life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Education April 11, 2019 Chandigarh takes baby steps towards inclusion with new education policy
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News