Odisha karate instructor proves that even deaf can learn martial arts
October 16, 2017
Anand Mouli Patnaik, a karate instructor from Orrisa has proved that even deaf children can learn martial arts.
Anand who holds the rank of the 5th Dan in Shito-Ryu Karate, devotes some hours to the children of orphanages and deaf schools every week.
With the help of martial arts, Anand tries to improve the confidence of the deaf children, make them more aware and also help them understand the real difference between use and misuse of the skill.
Recently on World Deaf Day, Anand's deaf students came together on the stage to put up a martial arts performance.
Anand also provides karate training to girls and women to empower them.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News