Odisha karate instructor proves that even deaf can learn martial arts
Anand Mouli Patnaik, a karate instructor from Orrisa has proved that even deaf children can learn martial arts.
Anand who holds the rank of the 5th Dan in Shito-Ryu Karate, devotes some hours to the children of orphanages and deaf schools every week.
With the help of martial arts, Anand tries to improve the confidence of the deaf children, make them more aware and also help them understand the real difference between use and misuse of the skill.
Recently on World Deaf Day, Anand’s deaf students came together on the stage to put up a martial arts performance.
Anand also provides karate training to girls and women to empower them.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News