Odisha karate instructor proves that even deaf can learn martial arts
Anand Mouli Patnaik, a karate instructor from Orrisa has proved that even deaf children can learn martial arts.
Anand who holds the rank of the 5th Dan in Shito-Ryu Karate, devotes some hours to the children of orphanages and deaf schools every week.
With the help of martial arts, Anand tries to improve the confidence of the deaf children, make them more aware and also help them understand the real difference between use and misuse of the skill.
Recently on World Deaf Day, Anand’s deaf students came together on the stage to put up a martial arts performance.
Anand also provides karate training to girls and women to empower them.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News