Odisha karate instructor proves that even deaf can learn martial arts
Anand Mouli Patnaik, a karate instructor from Orrisa has proved that even deaf children can learn martial arts.
Anand who holds the rank of the 5th Dan in Shito-Ryu Karate, devotes some hours to the children of orphanages and deaf schools every week.
With the help of martial arts, Anand tries to improve the confidence of the deaf children, make them more aware and also help them understand the real difference between use and misuse of the skill.
Recently on World Deaf Day, Anand’s deaf students came together on the stage to put up a martial arts performance.
Anand also provides karate training to girls and women to empower them.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018