Rajalakshmi from India wins Popularity Award at Miss Wheelchair World contest
India's Dr Rajalakshmi won the 'Miss Popularity Award' at the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 contest in Warsaw in Poland.
Rajalakshmi, who is from Bengaluru, is a dentist by profession. She was forced to use a wheelchair after she met with a road accident 10 years back.
The accident led to a spinal cord injury forcing her to be wheelchair-bound for life.
The contest was organized by a Polish organisation for the first time to change the social perceptions about the disabled.
Around 24 contestants took part in the pagaent. The event was organised by 'The Only One Foundation', which was founded by two disabled women.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment November 11, 2018 Career choices for people with autism
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Parasports November 9, 2018 First ever Blind Volley Ball Tournament to be held in Karnataka
- Headlines November 7, 2018 Protests intensifies as Sabarimala opens for monthly puja
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Some life lessons when you raise a child with Down syndrome
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News