Rajalakshmi from India wins Popularity Award at Miss Wheelchair World contest
October 11, 2017
India's Dr Rajalakshmi won the 'Miss Popularity Award' at the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 contest in Warsaw in Poland.
Rajalakshmi, who is from Bengaluru, is a dentist by profession. She was forced to use a wheelchair after she met with a road accident 10 years back.
The accident led to a spinal cord injury forcing her to be wheelchair-bound for life.
The contest was organized by a Polish organisation for the first time to change the social perceptions about the disabled.
Around 24 contestants took part in the pagaent. The event was organised by 'The Only One Foundation', which was founded by two disabled women.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 PM Modi's direction to develop app for disabled people welcomed
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News