Rajalakshmi from India wins Popularity Award at Miss Wheelchair World contest
India's Dr Rajalakshmi won the 'Miss Popularity Award' at the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 contest in Warsaw in Poland.
Rajalakshmi, who is from Bengaluru, is a dentist by profession. She was forced to use a wheelchair after she met with a road accident 10 years back.
The accident led to a spinal cord injury forcing her to be wheelchair-bound for life.
The contest was organized by a Polish organisation for the first time to change the social perceptions about the disabled.
Around 24 contestants took part in the pagaent. The event was organised by 'The Only One Foundation', which was founded by two disabled women.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 11, 2019 Former blind cricket captain Shekhar Naik's special gesture for homeless people
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Help The Blind Foundation is enabling people to reach new levels of excellence every day
- Headlines January 15, 2019 PM Modi tells public to rate government
- Headlines January 11, 2019 Rajinikanth's Petta gets thumbs up from fans
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Adaptive clothing now at your doorstep, thanks to these Indian fashion brands
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Survey to analyze challenges of disabled people in Tamil Nadu off to a slow start
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News