Rajalakshmi from India wins Popularity Award at Miss Wheelchair World contest
October 11, 2017
India's Dr Rajalakshmi won the 'Miss Popularity Award' at the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 contest in Warsaw in Poland.
Rajalakshmi, who is from Bengaluru, is a dentist by profession. She was forced to use a wheelchair after she met with a road accident 10 years back.
The accident led to a spinal cord injury forcing her to be wheelchair-bound for life.
The contest was organized by a Polish organisation for the first time to change the social perceptions about the disabled.
Around 24 contestants took part in the pagaent. The event was organised by 'The Only One Foundation', which was founded by two disabled women.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events May 26, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Headlines May 27, 2019 PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Events May 26, 2019 Awareness Program for Down Syndrome
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Understanding Phantom Limb Pain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News