Accessible facilities for the disabled makes good business sense, say experts
October 15, 2017
Studies say that travellers with disabilities prefer air travel more than ever before.
Meeting the special needs of the disabled passengers with inclusive facilities is not only the right thing to do, but also makes for a great business opportunity, says a report.
Providing wheelchair assistance at the airport is a good idea but creating awareness about the available and free services on accessible websites can help disabled people understand that they do not have to pay for assistance, say experts.
Employing people with disabilities as frontline staff can create a connection so even if the airport is not fully accessible, disabled staff can tell another person with disability what to do to have a safe and easy travel.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News