Accessible facilities for the disabled makes good business sense, say experts
Studies say that travellers with disabilities prefer air travel more than ever before.
Meeting the special needs of the disabled passengers with inclusive facilities is not only the right thing to do, but also makes for a great business opportunity, says a report.
Providing wheelchair assistance at the airport is a good idea but creating awareness about the available and free services on accessible websites can help disabled people understand that they do not have to pay for assistance, say experts.
Employing people with disabilities as frontline staff can create a connection so even if the airport is not fully accessible, disabled staff can tell another person with disability what to do to have a safe and easy travel.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News