Accessible facilities for the disabled makes good business sense, say experts
October 15, 2017
Studies say that travellers with disabilities prefer air travel more than ever before.
Meeting the special needs of the disabled passengers with inclusive facilities is not only the right thing to do, but also makes for a great business opportunity, says a report.
Providing wheelchair assistance at the airport is a good idea but creating awareness about the available and free services on accessible websites can help disabled people understand that they do not have to pay for assistance, say experts.
Employing people with disabilities as frontline staff can create a connection so even if the airport is not fully accessible, disabled staff can tell another person with disability what to do to have a safe and easy travel.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News