Paraplegic teen's make up tutorials are a hit on Instagram!
October 11, 2017
Gabriella Alvillar has become a hit on Instagram thanks to her make up tutorials!
Its not just her good looks and lessons that have got her 90,000 followers, but also her inspiring life story.
Three years ago, when she was 16, Gabriella was involved in a car accident. The driver was speeding and Gabriella was thrown out of the vehicle. The accident dislocated her spine, leaving her paralysed.
Gabriella was a dancer and the loss of mobility in her legs left her unable to practice and depressed. She started learning how to do makeup and that is her new passion.
She says that it is important to love oneself and not to stop regarding yourself as not beautiful just because you are not ideal.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News