No challenge puts off Sumanth, India's 1st cerebral palsy graduate from IIM
November 14, 2017
Sumanth K V is an Operations Analyst with Flipkart and is based in Bengaluru. He is the first person with cerebral palsy in India to graduate from the Indian Institute of Management.
"I went to the Spastics Society of India until I was about six years old and after that got integrated into a mainstream school. I received a lot of support and encouragement from my parents and extended family, which was of great help", says Sumanth.
Sumanth was determined to study at IIM and succeeded at the Common Aptitude Test (CAT) at the fourth attempt. He went on to do his degree from IIM Indore. He says that his motto is to never back down in the face of a challenge.
"People usually say you cannot do this and that because of your disability but I never compromise on my ambitions. It pushes me to try harder", says Sumanth.
Sumanth takes care of reimbursements and incentives at Flipkart and has worked earlier in Cadbury's and Thomson Reuters.
Sumanth is also an avid mountaineer and has scaled the Dayara Bugyal pass in the Himalayas, which is 12,800 feet above sea level. He loves to travel and has visited many countries, including Russia and Hong Kong.
Sumanth is also an avid reader and also listens to a lot of music by Kishore Kumar and Shankar Mahadevan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News