Adorable deaf girl receives special doll with hearing aids as a gift
October 31, 2017
Five years old deaf girl Abbi Keating from Australia, lost her hearing when she was two years old.
Her mother was disappointed but made sure her daughter was fitted with hearing aids.
Later Abbi went through cochlear implant, a surgery in which an electronic device replaces the function of the ear.
Abbi loved dolls and wished if her doll too wore hearing devices just like her.
Her mother was determined to make her daughter's wishes come true and got a doll with hearing aids especially designed for Abbi.
Abbi's mother even captured on camera the first reaction in which Abbi gives a huge smile looking at her new doll.
Brave Abbi hopes to lead her life like any other girl and now uses a mix of lip reading and Australian sign language, Auslan, to communicate with others.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News