New airport security check rules for disabled people
October 21, 2017
In a very positive and much awaited move, the Central Industrial Security Force - CISF has decided to make changes to the screening process for people with disabilities on the airports.
People with artificial limbs will not have to remove their prosthetic limbs for X-ray screening at airports anymore.
The CISF has also decided not to screen wheelchairs through X-ray as it causes humiliation and inconvenience to disabled travelers.
From now on, handheld explosive trace detector - ETD will be used for checking.
Only in rare cases, if the need is felt due to security concerns, will the CISF request passengers to remove the prosthetic.
This is a huge step forward as it will enable travelers with disabilities to go through security check without embarrassment and humiliation.
Till now, disabled passengers had to remove their prosthetic limbs to put it in the X-ray machine. Many disabled passengers felt insulted by the process.
Rules had also required passengers to vacate their wheelchair for screening by the CISF.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News