Inspiring story of a woman tennis player, who is blind
Wendy Glasper is a visually impaired woman who set up one of the first tennis clubs for blind and partially sighted people in Darlington in England.
Wendy was born blind and discovered the game ten years ago.
Since then, she has set up many visually impaired tennis sessions across the region.
Wendy is now a coach and is also known for finishing fourth in an international tournament.
What is interesting is Wendy has been selected to attend the respected ‘Women of the Year’ Awards in London.
Wendy is among four hundred guests selected to go to the ceremony.
The awards function celebrates extraordinarily talented women and those who have made a difference.
Wendy is being recognized for her work to promote the sport, which is played with a sponge ball and a rattle inside it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
- India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
October 18, 2018
- Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
October 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Kerala wheelchair user faces police harassment, organizations rally in support
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News