Inspiring story of a woman tennis player, who is blind
Wendy Glasper is a visually impaired woman who set up one of the first tennis clubs for blind and partially sighted people in Darlington in England.
Wendy was born blind and discovered the game ten years ago.
Since then, she has set up many visually impaired tennis sessions across the region.
Wendy is now a coach and is also known for finishing fourth in an international tournament.
What is interesting is Wendy has been selected to attend the respected ‘Women of the Year’ Awards in London.
Wendy is among four hundred guests selected to go to the ceremony.
The awards function celebrates extraordinarily talented women and those who have made a difference.
Wendy is being recognized for her work to promote the sport, which is played with a sponge ball and a rattle inside it.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News