Inspiring story of a woman tennis player, who is blind
Wendy Glasper is a visually impaired woman who set up one of the first tennis clubs for blind and partially sighted people in Darlington in England.
Wendy was born blind and discovered the game ten years ago.
Since then, she has set up many visually impaired tennis sessions across the region.
Wendy is now a coach and is also known for finishing fourth in an international tournament.
What is interesting is Wendy has been selected to attend the respected ‘Women of the Year’ Awards in London.
Wendy is among four hundred guests selected to go to the ceremony.
The awards function celebrates extraordinarily talented women and those who have made a difference.
Wendy is being recognized for her work to promote the sport, which is played with a sponge ball and a rattle inside it.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019