Braille voter slips for the blind in Himachal Pradesh
October 16, 2017
Nearly 27 IT solutions will be used and 75 companies have been arranged for proper conduct of elections to 68 Assembly segments on 9 November in Himachal Pradesh.
For the first time ever, there will be use of Braille voter slips for the blind people of the state to encourage them to cast their votes.
Technology aids accessibility in Himachal Pradesh elections
Also, webcasting will be done from 2,000 booths. Webcasting means capturing faces of voters coming to vote at polling stations.
Webcasting is done to keep a check on illegal activities such as booth capturing, money distribution and fake voting and bring about complete transparency.
The election department officials have set up a booth management plan to ensure fair and peaceful polls. Around 49.13 lakh voters are expected to cast their votes in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News