Braille voter slips for the blind in Himachal Pradesh
Nearly 27 IT solutions will be used and 75 companies have been arranged for proper conduct of elections to 68 Assembly segments on 9 November in Himachal Pradesh.
For the first time ever, there will be use of Braille voter slips for the blind people of the state to encourage them to cast their votes.
Technology aids accessibility in Himachal Pradesh elections
Also, webcasting will be done from 2,000 booths. Webcasting means capturing faces of voters coming to vote at polling stations.
Webcasting is done to keep a check on illegal activities such as booth capturing, money distribution and fake voting and bring about complete transparency.
The election department officials have set up a booth management plan to ensure fair and peaceful polls. Around 49.13 lakh voters are expected to cast their votes in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019