Braille voter slips for the blind in Himachal Pradesh
October 16, 2017
Nearly 27 IT solutions will be used and 75 companies have been arranged for proper conduct of elections to 68 Assembly segments on 9 November in Himachal Pradesh.
For the first time ever, there will be use of Braille voter slips for the blind people of the state to encourage them to cast their votes.
Technology aids accessibility in Himachal Pradesh elections
Also, webcasting will be done from 2,000 booths. Webcasting means capturing faces of voters coming to vote at polling stations.
Webcasting is done to keep a check on illegal activities such as booth capturing, money distribution and fake voting and bring about complete transparency.
The election department officials have set up a booth management plan to ensure fair and peaceful polls. Around 49.13 lakh voters are expected to cast their votes in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News