Here’s how parents and teachers can identify signs of dysgraphia
Dysgraphia is a learning disability that affects writing abilities. It means people with dysgraphia find it difficult to spell correctly, have poor handwriting and trouble expressing their thoughts on paper.
A study says that children with learning disabilities can face a hard time to stay updated with the school requirements, syllabus information and also home-schooling lessons.
Here are some ways parents and teachers can look for signs of dysgraphia in such children.
If your child takes extra time to complete his written assignments.
If your child finds it a problem to hold a pencil or pen to write.
If the child has problems cutting with scissors and is not able to tie shoes.
If your child has difficulty in organising his or her thoughts and putting them in writing.
If your child’s handwriting is illegible and he or she forms letters or words poorly.
However, there are solutions to help children with dysgraphia.
Parents and teachers can ask dysgraphic students to shorten their written assignments, use simple words or phrases, draw pictures or orally tell their thoughts to organise their thoughts before writing.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News