India makes law to empower the disabled
The government of India has come out with a new law that aims to empower people with disabilities under the 'Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016' that came into force on 15 June.
The law states that discrimination against disabled people cannot be tolerated and they should be given equal opportunities.
The new law will cover all the provisions of the 'Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act' and ensure their implementation.
The law states that local government bodies will give incentives to those businesses that employ at least 5% people with 40% or more disability.
The law also sets guidelines for employers who hire people with disabilities and covers various aspects that affect their welfare.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News