Musical band of blind boys in Kolkata
October 18, 2017
The Ramakrishna Mission Blind Boys' Academy in Narendrapur, Kolkata has set up a musical band of 10 exceptionally talented boys who are visually impaired.
The 10 young musicians have different levels of visual impairment. Asit has 90 % blindness. Vocalist Dipu Roy, 19, lost his eyesight by the time he turned 2 due to a birth defect.
However, they have music in common and practice for hours to master the art and play in harmony and coordination.
The band does performances in the city at concerts and have also been invited for programs in different parts of the country.
They create music using traditional Indian musical instruments.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News