Musical band of blind boys in Kolkata
The Ramakrishna Mission Blind Boys' Academy in Narendrapur, Kolkata has set up a musical band of 10 exceptionally talented boys who are visually impaired.
The 10 young musicians have different levels of visual impairment. Asit has 90 % blindness. Vocalist Dipu Roy, 19, lost his eyesight by the time he turned 2 due to a birth defect.
However, they have music in common and practice for hours to master the art and play in harmony and coordination.
The band does performances in the city at concerts and have also been invited for programs in different parts of the country.
They create music using traditional Indian musical instruments.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News