Musical band of blind boys in Kolkata
October 18, 2017
The Ramakrishna Mission Blind Boys' Academy in Narendrapur, Kolkata has set up a musical band of 10 exceptionally talented boys who are visually impaired.
The 10 young musicians have different levels of visual impairment. Asit has 90 % blindness. Vocalist Dipu Roy, 19, lost his eyesight by the time he turned 2 due to a birth defect.
However, they have music in common and practice for hours to master the art and play in harmony and coordination.
The band does performances in the city at concerts and have also been invited for programs in different parts of the country.
They create music using traditional Indian musical instruments.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News