Meet amazing talented deaf brother-sister duo from Kerala
October 26, 2017
Sophia M Joe is a deaf girl from Kerala who has not let disability come in the way of achieving dreams.
Sophia with her partially deaf brother Richard will be the first disabled to attend a bike racing event in Coimbatore on 28 and 29 October.
Sophia took active part in sports since childhood. She has been the state level champion for the deaf in shot put and discus throw for eight times and had also won a gold medal in national level.
Sophia is the first deaf woman to get a driving license in Kerala and has also won titles like Miss Personality, Miss Congeniality, Miss Etiquette and Miss Talent.
Sophia also loves creative work like glass painting and jewellery making while Richard likes going for long rides in the night.
Sophia has completed her degree in literature from St Xaviers College in Aluva. Richard is currently doing his B.Sc in computer science at the National Institute of Speech and Hearing (NISH).
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News