Meet amazing talented deaf brother-sister duo from Kerala
October 26, 2017
Sophia M Joe is a deaf girl from Kerala who has not let disability come in the way of achieving dreams.
Sophia with her partially deaf brother Richard will be the first disabled to attend a bike racing event in Coimbatore on 28 and 29 October.
Sophia took active part in sports since childhood. She has been the state level champion for the deaf in shot put and discus throw for eight times and had also won a gold medal in national level.
Sophia is the first deaf woman to get a driving license in Kerala and has also won titles like Miss Personality, Miss Congeniality, Miss Etiquette and Miss Talent.
Sophia also loves creative work like glass painting and jewellery making while Richard likes going for long rides in the night.
Sophia has completed her degree in literature from St Xaviers College in Aluva. Richard is currently doing his B.Sc in computer science at the National Institute of Speech and Hearing (NISH).
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News