Meet amazing talented deaf brother-sister duo from Kerala
Sophia M Joe is a deaf girl from Kerala who has not let disability come in the way of achieving dreams.
Sophia with her partially deaf brother Richard will be the first disabled to attend a bike racing event in Coimbatore on 28 and 29 October.
Sophia took active part in sports since childhood. She has been the state level champion for the deaf in shot put and discus throw for eight times and had also won a gold medal in national level.
Sophia is the first deaf woman to get a driving license in Kerala and has also won titles like Miss Personality, Miss Congeniality, Miss Etiquette and Miss Talent.
Sophia also loves creative work like glass painting and jewellery making while Richard likes going for long rides in the night.
Sophia has completed her degree in literature from St Xaviers College in Aluva. Richard is currently doing his B.Sc in computer science at the National Institute of Speech and Hearing (NISH).
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News