North-East Deaf Conference-Exploring Deafness
A conference is being organized by the Meghalaya deaf association in Shillong.
Ferrando Speech and Hearing Centre is organizing a conference for Deaf Community in the North East Region.
It was started on 16th April 1996 initiated by the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians with a Vision “To Educate and empower persons with disability, especially who are deaf and hard of hearing for an independent living in an inclusive society”.
The purpose of this two day conference is to bring together the Deaf, researchers and scholars from North East, main land India and abroad to Share the knowledge on :
• Language/ Communication accessibility the Fundamental Right of the Deaf / Sign Language in families and schools Skilling the Deaf for Economic Empowerment
• Strengthening quality education at all levels
• Formation of North East Net Work of the Deaf
- Starts on: Thursday, 19 Oct 2017 at 08:00 AM
- Ends on: Friday, 20 Oct 2017 at 05:00 PM
- City: Shillong
- Location: Ferrando Speech And Hearing Centre
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: Ferrando Speech & Hearing Centre
- Organizer Phone: 08119841264/09862433
- Organizer Website: http://www.fshc.org.in/