North-East Deaf Conference-Exploring Deafness
A conference is being organized by the Meghalaya deaf association in Shillong.
Ferrando Speech and Hearing Centre is organizing a conference for Deaf Community in the North East Region.
It was started on 16th April 1996 initiated by the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians with a Vision “To Educate and empower persons with disability, especially who are deaf and hard of hearing for an independent living in an inclusive society”.
The purpose of this two day conference is to bring together the Deaf, researchers and scholars from North East, main land India and abroad to Share the knowledge on :
• Language/ Communication accessibility the Fundamental Right of the Deaf / Sign Language in families and schools Skilling the Deaf for Economic Empowerment
• Strengthening quality education at all levels
• Formation of North East Net Work of the Deaf
- Starts on: Thursday, 19 Oct 2017 at 08:00 AM
- Ends on: Friday, 20 Oct 2017 at 05:00 PM
- City: Shillong
- Location: Ferrando Speech And Hearing Centre
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: Ferrando Speech & Hearing Centre
- Organizer Phone: 08119841264/09862433
- Organizer Website: http://www.fshc.org.in/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018