Deaf movie review of Secret Superstar
A hearing perspective:
Secret Superstar is a Hindi musical drama film, featuring Zaira Wasim, Meher Vij and Aamir Khan in main roles.
The film is written and directed by Advait Chandan and produced by Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao.
The film introduces Insia Malik (Zaira Wasim) as a 15-year-old Muslim girl, who lives with her supportive yet submissive mother Najma Malik (Meher Vij), strict father Farookh Malik (Raj Arjun), younger brother Guddu (Kabir Sajid) and her grandmother in Vadodara.
The film shows how Insia dreams to be a singer and gets constant encouragement from her mother to follow her passion but faces restrictions from her conservative father.
An exciting journey unfolds when Insia and her close friend Chintan (Tirth Sharma) happen to cross paths with a music director Shakti Kumaarr (Aamir Khan).
Film explores innocence of teenage friendships or romance
Secret Superstar also looks at how celebrities are misunderstood by common public because of their negative media portrayals. It also touches upon domestic violence and its effects on children's minds. It tries to show how seeing her mother getting physically and emotionally abused by her father gives Insia the strength and courage to work towards her aim and improve her life.
Secret Superstar movie is a must-watch for Zaira Wasim's brilliant performance, Meher's touching emotional act, Aamir's small yet memorable work and Advait Chandan's confident directing debut. Appreciate all the soundtracks sung by Meghna Mishra, especially "Nachdi Phira" and "Meri Pyaari Ammi" are my favorites.
I’m going with four out of five stars.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018