Deaf movie review of Secret Superstar
November 2, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Secret Superstar is a Hindi musical drama film, featuring Zaira Wasim, Meher Vij and Aamir Khan in main roles.
The film is written and directed by Advait Chandan and produced by Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao.
The film introduces Insia Malik (Zaira Wasim) as a 15-year-old Muslim girl, who lives with her supportive yet submissive mother Najma Malik (Meher Vij), strict father Farookh Malik (Raj Arjun), younger brother Guddu (Kabir Sajid) and her grandmother in Vadodara.
The film shows how Insia dreams to be a singer and gets constant encouragement from her mother to follow her passion but faces restrictions from her conservative father.
An exciting journey unfolds when Insia and her close friend Chintan (Tirth Sharma) happen to cross paths with a music director Shakti Kumaarr (Aamir Khan).
Film explores innocence of teenage friendships or romance
Secret Superstar also looks at how celebrities are misunderstood by common public because of their negative media portrayals. It also touches upon domestic violence and its effects on children's minds. It tries to show how seeing her mother getting physically and emotionally abused by her father gives Insia the strength and courage to work towards her aim and improve her life.
Secret Superstar movie is a must-watch for Zaira Wasim's brilliant performance, Meher's touching emotional act, Aamir's small yet memorable work and Advait Chandan's confident directing debut. Appreciate all the soundtracks sung by Meghna Mishra, especially "Nachdi Phira" and "Meri Pyaari Ammi" are my favorites.
I'm going with four out of five stars.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News