Uber’s Sign Language feature helps riders in the US to communicate with deaf drivers
If your Uber driver happens to be deaf or hearing impaired, you may find it difficult to have a clear communication with your driver.
So, the company is making it easier for riders or travellers in the US to communicate with deaf Uber drivers by giving every rider a small lesson in American Sign Language.
The lessons can be accessed through the company's ride sharing app and Uber Sign Language feature.
The lessons have ten basic phrases which you can use to communicate with your deaf Uber driver.
Each phrase comes with GIF showing the necessary sign, including a letter by letter spelling of your name.
You can also visit the Uber Sign Language site where you can enter your name and practice the signs.
In case, you are paired with a deaf Uber driver, the company sends a pop-up within the Uber app itself. This will help you to get the information needed to communicate basic greetings and requests in sign language.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News