Uber’s Sign Language feature helps riders in the US to communicate with deaf drivers
If your Uber driver happens to be deaf or hearing impaired, you may find it difficult to have a clear communication with your driver.
So, the company is making it easier for riders or travellers in the US to communicate with deaf Uber drivers by giving every rider a small lesson in American Sign Language.
The lessons can be accessed through the company's ride sharing app and Uber Sign Language feature.
The lessons have ten basic phrases which you can use to communicate with your deaf Uber driver.
Each phrase comes with GIF showing the necessary sign, including a letter by letter spelling of your name.
You can also visit the Uber Sign Language site where you can enter your name and practice the signs.
In case, you are paired with a deaf Uber driver, the company sends a pop-up within the Uber app itself. This will help you to get the information needed to communicate basic greetings and requests in sign language.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 21, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News