Uber’s Sign Language feature helps riders in the US to communicate with deaf drivers
October 27, 2017
If your Uber driver happens to be deaf or hearing impaired, you may find it difficult to have a clear communication with your driver.
So, the company is making it easier for riders or travellers in the US to communicate with deaf Uber drivers by giving every rider a small lesson in American Sign Language.
The lessons can be accessed through the company's ride sharing app and Uber Sign Language feature.
The lessons have ten basic phrases which you can use to communicate with your deaf Uber driver.
Each phrase comes with GIF showing the necessary sign, including a letter by letter spelling of your name.
You can also visit the Uber Sign Language site where you can enter your name and practice the signs.
In case, you are paired with a deaf Uber driver, the company sends a pop-up within the Uber app itself. This will help you to get the information needed to communicate basic greetings and requests in sign language.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News