Uber’s Sign Language feature helps riders in the US to communicate with deaf drivers
October 27, 2017
If your Uber driver happens to be deaf or hearing impaired, you may find it difficult to have a clear communication with your driver.
So, the company is making it easier for riders or travellers in the US to communicate with deaf Uber drivers by giving every rider a small lesson in American Sign Language.
The lessons can be accessed through the company's ride sharing app and Uber Sign Language feature.
The lessons have ten basic phrases which you can use to communicate with your deaf Uber driver.
Each phrase comes with GIF showing the necessary sign, including a letter by letter spelling of your name.
You can also visit the Uber Sign Language site where you can enter your name and practice the signs.
In case, you are paired with a deaf Uber driver, the company sends a pop-up within the Uber app itself. This will help you to get the information needed to communicate basic greetings and requests in sign language.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News