Uber’s Sign Language feature helps riders in the US to communicate with deaf drivers
October 27, 2017
If your Uber driver happens to be deaf or hearing impaired, you may find it difficult to have a clear communication with your driver.
So, the company is making it easier for riders or travellers in the US to communicate with deaf Uber drivers by giving every rider a small lesson in American Sign Language.
The lessons can be accessed through the company's ride sharing app and Uber Sign Language feature.
The lessons have ten basic phrases which you can use to communicate with your deaf Uber driver.
Each phrase comes with GIF showing the necessary sign, including a letter by letter spelling of your name.
You can also visit the Uber Sign Language site where you can enter your name and practice the signs.
In case, you are paired with a deaf Uber driver, the company sends a pop-up within the Uber app itself. This will help you to get the information needed to communicate basic greetings and requests in sign language.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News