Inclusive planning with a focus on the disabled is a must to build a smart city
October 21, 2017
Inclusive planning with a focus on the disabled is a must to achieve the smart city tag in Panaji, said the officials in a conference held in the state capital of Goa recently.
The one-day conference discussed the several gaps in the existing infrastructure for disabled people of the state.
It also highlighted the need to come up with solutions about accessibility issues and clear requirements for smart cities to become fully inclusive and accessible for the disabled.
The event was organized by the state commissioner of persons with disabilities in association with the National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Persons with Disabilities (NCPEDP).
President of the Disabilities Rights Association of Goa (DRAG) Avelino D'Sa and Lokesh Lohiya of CISCO were also a part of the conference.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News