Inclusive planning with a focus on the disabled is a must to build a smart city
Inclusive planning with a focus on the disabled is a must to achieve the smart city tag in Panaji, said the officials in a conference held in the state capital of Goa recently.
The one-day conference discussed the several gaps in the existing infrastructure for disabled people of the state.
It also highlighted the need to come up with solutions about accessibility issues and clear requirements for smart cities to become fully inclusive and accessible for the disabled.
The event was organized by the state commissioner of persons with disabilities in association with the National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Persons with Disabilities (NCPEDP).
President of the Disabilities Rights Association of Goa (DRAG) Avelino D'Sa and Lokesh Lohiya of CISCO were also a part of the conference.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019