#RampMyRestaurant campaign- Make restuarants disabled friendly
October 22, 2017
Disability activist Virali Modi, has been visiting restaurants in Mumbai for the past few months.
Her mission has been to find their level of accessibility for people with disabilities.
Sadly out of 25 restaurants, only five had a ramp which is a basic requirement for a wheelchair using customer.
To make things better, Virali Modi and some other activists launched the campaign #RampMyRestaurant.
They have started an online petition addressed to National Restaurant Association of India, Ministry of Tourism India and the Ministry of Social Welfare And Development.
A ramp is just a basic step to make a place accessible for wheelchair user. More infrastructural changes need to be done inside as well.
Activists demand that eateries, restaurants should make changes to become disabled friendly.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News