#RampMyRestaurant campaign- Make restuarants disabled friendly
October 22, 2017
Disability activist Virali Modi, has been visiting restaurants in Mumbai for the past few months.
Her mission has been to find their level of accessibility for people with disabilities.
Sadly out of 25 restaurants, only five had a ramp which is a basic requirement for a wheelchair using customer.
To make things better, Virali Modi and some other activists launched the campaign #RampMyRestaurant.
They have started an online petition addressed to National Restaurant Association of India, Ministry of Tourism India and the Ministry of Social Welfare And Development.
A ramp is just a basic step to make a place accessible for wheelchair user. More infrastructural changes need to be done inside as well.
Activists demand that eateries, restaurants should make changes to become disabled friendly.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News