#RampMyRestaurant campaign- Make restuarants disabled friendly
Disability activist Virali Modi, has been visiting restaurants in Mumbai for the past few months.
Her mission has been to find their level of accessibility for people with disabilities.
Sadly out of 25 restaurants, only five had a ramp which is a basic requirement for a wheelchair using customer.
To make things better, Virali Modi and some other activists launched the campaign #RampMyRestaurant.
They have started an online petition addressed to National Restaurant Association of India, Ministry of Tourism India and the Ministry of Social Welfare And Development.
A ramp is just a basic step to make a place accessible for wheelchair user. More infrastructural changes need to be done inside as well.
Activists demand that eateries, restaurants should make changes to become disabled friendly.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News