Deaf athlete Terence Parkin appointed global brand ambassador for deaf & blind people
South African swimmer Terence Parkin was born deaf. The 37 year old athlete has won 33 Deaflympic medals and is the most well-known Deaflympic athlete in the world.
Despite disability, Parkin never let any problems stand in his way to achieve great things in life.
Through commitment and passion for his sport, Parkin has won silver and gold medals in the Olympics and Deaflympics.
He has recently been honored by the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation as Global Brand Ambassador for the Deaf and Blind.
As an ambassador, he travels all over the world and gives talks on various issues such as water safety and teaching children how to swim.
Watch in Sign Language
- Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
November 11, 2018
- First ever Blind Volley Ball Tournament to be held in Karnataka
November 9, 2018
- India's wheelchair basketball players get tips from the best in the game at Chennai camp
November 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Employment November 9, 2018 Career options for people with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Headlines November 10, 2018 India & Taliban hold talks on non-official level in Moscow
- Parasports November 7, 2018 India's wheelchair basketball players get tips from the best in the game at Chennai camp
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Autism Spectrum Disorder
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News