Deaf athlete Terence Parkin appointed global brand ambassador for deaf & blind people
November 10, 2017
South African swimmer Terence Parkin was born deaf. The 37 year old athlete has won 33 Deaflympic medals and is the most well-known Deaflympic athlete in the world.
Despite disability, Parkin never let any problems stand in his way to achieve great things in life.
Through commitment and passion for his sport, Parkin has won silver and gold medals in the Olympics and Deaflympics.
He has recently been honored by the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation as Global Brand Ambassador for the Deaf and Blind.
As an ambassador, he travels all over the world and gives talks on various issues such as water safety and teaching children how to swim.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Headlines March 25, 2019 Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
- Events March 19, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News