Deaf athlete Terence Parkin appointed global brand ambassador for deaf & blind people
South African swimmer Terence Parkin was born deaf. The 37 year old athlete has won 33 Deaflympic medals and is the most well-known Deaflympic athlete in the world.
Despite disability, Parkin never let any problems stand in his way to achieve great things in life.
Through commitment and passion for his sport, Parkin has won silver and gold medals in the Olympics and Deaflympics.
He has recently been honored by the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation as Global Brand Ambassador for the Deaf and Blind.
As an ambassador, he travels all over the world and gives talks on various issues such as water safety and teaching children how to swim.
Watch in Sign Language
- First ever wheelchair marathon held in Goa
January 14, 2019
- Tributes pour in for deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth after historic win
January 13, 2019
- Arunima Sinha is world's 1st female amputee to scale Antarctica's highest peak
January 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 14, 2019 Disabled Kerala artist Surendran finds his creative side in incredible ball pen art
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Accessibility January 16, 2019 Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
- Events January 10, 2019 9th Hong Kong International Deaf Film Festival
- Get-hooked January 13, 2019 Jewel autism centre is truly a gem when it comes to early intervention, diagnosis
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
- Headlines January 16, 2019 India beats Australia by 6 wickets in second ODI
- Headlines January 14, 2019 Dhoni becomes 5th Indian batsman to enter 10,000 runs club
- Get-hooked January 10, 2019 Some useful tips for wheelchair users
- Accessibility January 14, 2019 Toybank - Development through Play is enabling disabled kids to discover the power of play
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News