Deaf athlete Terence Parkin appointed global brand ambassador for deaf & blind people
November 10, 2017
South African swimmer Terence Parkin was born deaf. The 37 year old athlete has won 33 Deaflympic medals and is the most well-known Deaflympic athlete in the world.
Despite disability, Parkin never let any problems stand in his way to achieve great things in life.
Through commitment and passion for his sport, Parkin has won silver and gold medals in the Olympics and Deaflympics.
He has recently been honored by the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation as Global Brand Ambassador for the Deaf and Blind.
As an ambassador, he travels all over the world and gives talks on various issues such as water safety and teaching children how to swim.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Some tips for making travel comfortable when you have a child with Down syndrome
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Understanding Phantom Limb Pain
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News