Diandra Forrest is world's first model with albinism to feature in major beauty campaign
October 23, 2017
Model Diandra Forrest is making history as the first model with albinism to land her own major beauty campaign.
Diandra has appeared in a music video by pop singer Beyoncé, has featured on the cover of Ebony magazine and walked the ramp in many fashion shows.
Now she will be in the new campaign by beauty chain Wet N Wild called Breaking Beauty. She will appear with a transgender model as well as another model who is a cancer survivor and amputee.
Diandra says that this is a sign of how the world is redefining beauty. The campaign is yet to be released but Diandra has shown her fans some shots.
For Diandra, makeup has always been a struggle and in her early years she found it hard to find the right shade of foundation. She is very pale and had to mix many shades to get the right look.
Diandra says that albinism is just a condition and does not define a person. She says that it is important to see beauty beyond the appearance. She says that it is time that standards of beauty were changed.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News