Diandra Forrest is world's first model with albinism to feature in major beauty campaign
Model Diandra Forrest is making history as the first model with albinism to land her own major beauty campaign.
Diandra has appeared in a music video by pop singer Beyoncé, has featured on the cover of Ebony magazine and walked the ramp in many fashion shows.
Now she will be in the new campaign by beauty chain Wet N Wild called Breaking Beauty. She will appear with a transgender model as well as another model who is a cancer survivor and amputee.
Diandra says that this is a sign of how the world is redefining beauty. The campaign is yet to be released but Diandra has shown her fans some shots.
For Diandra, makeup has always been a struggle and in her early years she found it hard to find the right shade of foundation. She is very pale and had to mix many shades to get the right look.
Diandra says that albinism is just a condition and does not define a person. She says that it is important to see beauty beyond the appearance. She says that it is time that standards of beauty were changed.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 6, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News