The blind stand-up comedy performer: Nidhi Goyal
November 2, 2017
Nidhi Goyal is the first blind stand-up comedian of the country.
Nidhi had wanted to be an artist as painting and art were her passion.
However, at the age of 15 she started losing her vision due to an eye disorder.
Instead of giving up, Nidhi decided to try her hands on standup comedy two years ago.
She has received a lot of success in the new field.
Her comedy topics range from relationship to sexuality related to the life of disabled people.
Her comedy acts are fun and much enjoyed by the audience.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News