Tamil Nadu poet uses theatre workshops to heal children with autism
Indian playwright, poet and director Dr Parasuram Ramamoorthi started working in the field of arts for autism in 2003.
Through his theatre company 'Velvi' based in Tamil Nadu, Ramamoorthi started connecting with children and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Ramamoorthi has organised many drama workshops for autistic children and adults in India, the United States, the United Kingdom, Korea, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
He believes that role playing and creativity helps children with autism express their emotions such as anger, fear and aggression.
His workshops has helped thousands of children with autism to develop better social skills and better communication with their family members and friends.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News