Tamil Nadu poet uses theatre workshops to heal children with autism
October 30, 2017
Indian playwright, poet and director Dr Parasuram Ramamoorthi started working in the field of arts for autism in 2003.
Through his theatre company 'Velvi' based in Tamil Nadu, Ramamoorthi started connecting with children and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Ramamoorthi has organised many drama workshops for autistic children and adults in India, the United States, the United Kingdom, Korea, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
He believes that role playing and creativity helps children with autism express their emotions such as anger, fear and aggression.
His workshops has helped thousands of children with autism to develop better social skills and better communication with their family members and friends.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News