Tamil Nadu poet uses theatre workshops to heal children with autism
October 30, 2017
Indian playwright, poet and director Dr Parasuram Ramamoorthi started working in the field of arts for autism in 2003.
Through his theatre company 'Velvi' based in Tamil Nadu, Ramamoorthi started connecting with children and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Ramamoorthi has organised many drama workshops for autistic children and adults in India, the United States, the United Kingdom, Korea, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
He believes that role playing and creativity helps children with autism express their emotions such as anger, fear and aggression.
His workshops has helped thousands of children with autism to develop better social skills and better communication with their family members and friends.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News