Tamil Nadu poet uses theatre workshops to heal children with autism
Indian playwright, poet and director Dr Parasuram Ramamoorthi started working in the field of arts for autism in 2003.
Through his theatre company 'Velvi' based in Tamil Nadu, Ramamoorthi started connecting with children and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Ramamoorthi has organised many drama workshops for autistic children and adults in India, the United States, the United Kingdom, Korea, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
He believes that role playing and creativity helps children with autism express their emotions such as anger, fear and aggression.
His workshops has helped thousands of children with autism to develop better social skills and better communication with their family members and friends.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018