Odisha blind cricket team qualifies for 24th All India Cricket Tournament for the Blind
October 24, 2017
Blind cricket team of Odisha has won the Sixth East Zone Cricket Tournament for the Blind at Jadavpur in Kolkata recently.
Odisha blind cricket team have won all the matches of the tournament.
Odisha reached final by defeating Tripura by 72 runs and Jharkhand by 27 runs.
Lingaraj Routray and Sukhram Majhi received the 'Man of the Match' awards in the first two games.
In the final match, Odisha beat Bengal by 77 runs to win the trophy.
Odisha team captain Jafar Iqbal and Lingaraj Routray were declared 'Man of the Tournament' in B1 and B3 category respectively.
The state team has qualified for the 24th All India Cricket Tournament for the Blind that will be held in Mumbai from 30 October to 3 November.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News