Myanmar NGO introduces business initiative for disabled
A recent study showed that most of the disabled people were given lower wages due to their disability. Also, they don't have equal right to employment training and programs for a living.
In order to bring a change, a non-government organisation (NGO) from Myanmar has introduced a business initiative to help disabled people earn income to make a living and be independent in life.
The Myanmar Independent Living Initiative (MILI) has started its Disability Inclusive Business Initiative (DIBI) to help find jobs for disabled people in the areas of car rental service, publishing and music band performances.
The initiative aims to create an inclusive society that allows disabled people to make use of their abilities and skills.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 This special school in Madurai focuses on various therapies for disabled children
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Some ways to celebrate an inclusive dandiya festival
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Kerala wheelchair user faces police harassment, organizations rally in support
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 Savlon's new Braille enabled pack gets a big thumbs up. Will other brands follow?
- Accessibility October 13, 2018 Feedback sought on issues faced by visually impaired people while using PayTM
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News