Myanmar NGO introduces business initiative for disabled
A recent study showed that most of the disabled people were given lower wages due to their disability. Also, they don't have equal right to employment training and programs for a living.
In order to bring a change, a non-government organisation (NGO) from Myanmar has introduced a business initiative to help disabled people earn income to make a living and be independent in life.
The Myanmar Independent Living Initiative (MILI) has started its Disability Inclusive Business Initiative (DIBI) to help find jobs for disabled people in the areas of car rental service, publishing and music band performances.
The initiative aims to create an inclusive society that allows disabled people to make use of their abilities and skills.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News