Myanmar NGO introduces business initiative for disabled
A recent study showed that most of the disabled people were given lower wages due to their disability. Also, they don't have equal right to employment training and programs for a living.
In order to bring a change, a non-government organisation (NGO) from Myanmar has introduced a business initiative to help disabled people earn income to make a living and be independent in life.
The Myanmar Independent Living Initiative (MILI) has started its Disability Inclusive Business Initiative (DIBI) to help find jobs for disabled people in the areas of car rental service, publishing and music band performances.
The initiative aims to create an inclusive society that allows disabled people to make use of their abilities and skills.
Watch in Sign Language
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
- Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
December 6, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News