Inspiring story of Dr Jitender Aggarwal, the man behind Sarthak Educational Trust
October 29, 2017
Dr Jitender Aggarwal was working as a dentist when partial visual impairment put a full stop on his medical career at the age of 32.
Dr Aggarwal decided not to give up and overcame the disability by helping disabled people.
He realised that there were many training programmes for the disabled all over the country but no organisations worked for the employment of trained people with disabilities.
This motivated him to start New Delhi-based Sarthak Educational Trust that bring employers and disabled people looking for jobs at a common place.
The NGO's aim is to train disabled people as per the demands of the companies and create job opportunities in every profession.
Thousands of disabled people have went through training at Sarthak and have got jobs through the NGO's efforts.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News