Inspiring story of Dr Jitender Aggarwal, the man behind Sarthak Educational Trust
Dr Jitender Aggarwal was working as a dentist when partial visual impairment put a full stop on his medical career at the age of 32.
Dr Aggarwal decided not to give up and overcame the disability by helping disabled people.
He realised that there were many training programmes for the disabled all over the country but no organisations worked for the employment of trained people with disabilities.
This motivated him to start New Delhi-based Sarthak Educational Trust that bring employers and disabled people looking for jobs at a common place.
The NGO's aim is to train disabled people as per the demands of the companies and create job opportunities in every profession.
Thousands of disabled people have went through training at Sarthak and have got jobs through the NGO's efforts.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019