Inspiring story of Dr Jitender Aggarwal, the man behind Sarthak Educational Trust
October 29, 2017
Dr Jitender Aggarwal was working as a dentist when partial visual impairment put a full stop on his medical career at the age of 32.
Dr Aggarwal decided not to give up and overcame the disability by helping disabled people.
He realised that there were many training programmes for the disabled all over the country but no organisations worked for the employment of trained people with disabilities.
This motivated him to start New Delhi-based Sarthak Educational Trust that bring employers and disabled people looking for jobs at a common place.
The NGO's aim is to train disabled people as per the demands of the companies and create job opportunities in every profession.
Thousands of disabled people have went through training at Sarthak and have got jobs through the NGO's efforts.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News