Inspiring story of Dr Jitender Aggarwal, the man behind Sarthak Educational Trust
Dr Jitender Aggarwal was working as a dentist when partial visual impairment put a full stop on his medical career at the age of 32.
Dr Aggarwal decided not to give up and overcame the disability by helping disabled people.
He realised that there were many training programmes for the disabled all over the country but no organisations worked for the employment of trained people with disabilities.
This motivated him to start New Delhi-based Sarthak Educational Trust that bring employers and disabled people looking for jobs at a common place.
The NGO's aim is to train disabled people as per the demands of the companies and create job opportunities in every profession.
Thousands of disabled people have went through training at Sarthak and have got jobs through the NGO's efforts.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 5, 2018 PVR's Accessible Cinema Program shows the way forward in inclusion
- Technology December 5, 2018 Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News