BarrierBreak wins 2017 NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Award!
The prestigious NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2017 have been given today. For the last 18 years, the awards have recognized the exceptional work being done by corporates, NGOs and individuals to enable and empower India’s 70 million disabled citizens.
Of the 10 awards announced this year, BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited has been honored in the category of organisations from the disability sector or outside who have shown their commitment towards promoting equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited, which is an accessibility consulting firm based in India, has tested more than 1,800 websites and 180 mobile applications across different platforms for accessibility. They are also behind Newz Hook, which is the first inclusive app to makes news accessible to all, including people with disabilities and the elderly. 65% of their employees are persons with various types of disabilities.
Other winners are Dr. Charudatta Jadhav, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Devanshi Joshi, Gram Bharat, and Dr. Nirmita Narasimhan, Centre for Internet and Society, Pradip Sinha Dell – EMC, in the category of Role Models with Disability.
In the category of people who have contributed to promoting employment opportunities for the disabled, are SV Krishnan – CEO, Dialogue in the Dark, and Swaminathan Subramanian, ANZ Bengaluru,
Along with BarrierBreak, Hatti Food and Beverages Private Limited, The Lemon Tree Hotel Company, and Vindhya e Infomedia Private Limited, have also won in the category of organizations that are promoting equal employment opportunities for the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
- Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Activities that can be fun & stimulating for kids with dyspraxia
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Jet Airways cancels 14 flights as pilots didn’t show up for work
- Employment December 5, 2018 Sign language interpreters at job interviews plays a crucial role. Here is why.
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Accessibility December 5, 2018 PVR's Accessible Cinema Program shows the way forward in inclusion
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility December 4, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News