BarrierBreak wins 2017 NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Award!
December 10, 2017
The prestigious NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2017 have been given today. For the last 18 years, the awards have recognized the exceptional work being done by corporates, NGOs and individuals to enable and empower India's 70 million disabled citizens.
Of the 10 awards announced this year, BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited has been honored in the category of organisations from the disability sector or outside who have shown their commitment towards promoting equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited, which is an accessibility consulting firm based in India, has tested more than 1,800 websites and 180 mobile applications across different platforms for accessibility. They are also behind Newz Hook, which is the first inclusive app to makes news accessible to all, including people with disabilities and the elderly. 65% of their employees are persons with various types of disabilities.
Other winners are Dr. Charudatta Jadhav, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Devanshi Joshi, Gram Bharat, and Dr. Nirmita Narasimhan, Centre for Internet and Society, Pradip Sinha Dell - EMC, in the category of Role Models with Disability.
In the category of people who have contributed to promoting employment opportunities for the disabled, are SV Krishnan - CEO, Dialogue in the Dark, and Swaminathan Subramanian, ANZ Bengaluru,
Along with BarrierBreak, Hatti Food and Beverages Private Limited, The Lemon Tree Hotel Company, and Vindhya e Infomedia Private Limited, have also won in the category of organizations that are promoting equal employment opportunities for the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Kerala man Noushad wins hearts in flood-hit Kerala
- Parasports August 13, 2019 “Government apathy towards para sports demotivates us” - MyTake by Ebin Joseph
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News