BarrierBreak wins 2017 NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Award!
The prestigious NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2017 have been given today. For the last 18 years, the awards have recognized the exceptional work being done by corporates, NGOs and individuals to enable and empower India’s 70 million disabled citizens.
Of the 10 awards announced this year, BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited has been honored in the category of organisations from the disability sector or outside who have shown their commitment towards promoting equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited, which is an accessibility consulting firm based in India, has tested more than 1,800 websites and 180 mobile applications across different platforms for accessibility. They are also behind Newz Hook, which is the first inclusive app to makes news accessible to all, including people with disabilities and the elderly. 65% of their employees are persons with various types of disabilities.
Other winners are Dr. Charudatta Jadhav, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Devanshi Joshi, Gram Bharat, and Dr. Nirmita Narasimhan, Centre for Internet and Society, Pradip Sinha Dell – EMC, in the category of Role Models with Disability.
In the category of people who have contributed to promoting employment opportunities for the disabled, are SV Krishnan – CEO, Dialogue in the Dark, and Swaminathan Subramanian, ANZ Bengaluru,
Along with BarrierBreak, Hatti Food and Beverages Private Limited, The Lemon Tree Hotel Company, and Vindhya e Infomedia Private Limited, have also won in the category of organizations that are promoting equal employment opportunities for the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
October 21, 2018
- Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
October 19, 2018
- Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Accessibility October 15, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News