BarrierBreak wins 2017 NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Award!
December 10, 2017
The prestigious NCPEDP-Mindtree Helen Keller Awards 2017 have been given today. For the last 18 years, the awards have recognized the exceptional work being done by corporates, NGOs and individuals to enable and empower India's 70 million disabled citizens.
Of the 10 awards announced this year, BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited has been honored in the category of organisations from the disability sector or outside who have shown their commitment towards promoting equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
BarrierBreak Solutions Private Limited, which is an accessibility consulting firm based in India, has tested more than 1,800 websites and 180 mobile applications across different platforms for accessibility. They are also behind Newz Hook, which is the first inclusive app to makes news accessible to all, including people with disabilities and the elderly. 65% of their employees are persons with various types of disabilities.
Other winners are Dr. Charudatta Jadhav, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Devanshi Joshi, Gram Bharat, and Dr. Nirmita Narasimhan, Centre for Internet and Society, Pradip Sinha Dell - EMC, in the category of Role Models with Disability.
In the category of people who have contributed to promoting employment opportunities for the disabled, are SV Krishnan - CEO, Dialogue in the Dark, and Swaminathan Subramanian, ANZ Bengaluru,
Along with BarrierBreak, Hatti Food and Beverages Private Limited, The Lemon Tree Hotel Company, and Vindhya e Infomedia Private Limited, have also won in the category of organizations that are promoting equal employment opportunities for the disabled.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News