Nabet empowers the blind by giving them jobs in the IT sector
National Association for the Blind (Employment & Training) Nabet India has empowered more than 500 blind people by giving them jobs using information technology.
The idea came to Usha Mishra after she observed the difficulties faced by visually impaired people.
Usha started the training centre in 2011 along with her husband Commodore Sridhar Mishra, who is an electronics engineer.
With the support of IT experts, they developed training and employment courses that can help the blind people get regular jobs.
The centre also organises various health camps, eye-care programmes and counselling sessions to give primary care to the blind people and spread awareness about training programmes.
Computer literacy programmes for children and girl child are also held.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 12, 2018 Simple accommodations that can make school less stressful for kids with dyslexia
- Headlines October 14, 2018 Industry 4.0 will create jobs, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News