Nabet empowers the blind by giving them jobs in the IT sector
National Association for the Blind (Employment & Training) Nabet India has empowered more than 500 blind people by giving them jobs using information technology.
The idea came to Usha Mishra after she observed the difficulties faced by visually impaired people.
Usha started the training centre in 2011 along with her husband Commodore Sridhar Mishra, who is an electronics engineer.
With the support of IT experts, they developed training and employment courses that can help the blind people get regular jobs.
The centre also organises various health camps, eye-care programmes and counselling sessions to give primary care to the blind people and spread awareness about training programmes.
Computer literacy programmes for children and girl child are also held.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Intellectual Disability
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News